Wednesday 22 August 2012

Miracle Eye Growth!

Unfortunately ladies I lure you in with false hope. 

This is not a miracle treatment to make your tinny peepers large and Bambi-like. 
However I do bring you some make-up tips to trick others into thinking your eyes are much larger than they really are.

I have small eyes and find it very difficult to create the perfect smokey eye look or to make my eyes 'pop' that little bit extra.

So once again I've been doing my research to bring you some of my old and new favourite ways to give you that wide-eyed look!


Unlike the lovely Lady GaGa mere mortals like you and I don't have a technical whiz to work their CGI magic and make our eyes bulge (in the most beautiful way of course).

The crease is the limit!
When creating your perfect smokey eye, be it an every day look or a glittering masterpiece glam night out,
 don't take your darkest colour higher than your crease.
By placing your darkest shadow above the crease you lessen the space between your eyelid and your eye brows, this gives the look of a heavier eyebrow and shrinks the appearance of the eye.
Do however use a lighter 'highlight' above the crease and onto the brow bone to create the look of light and higher points on the face.

White Eye liner
This tip is probably the most well known but its one of the easiest and most effective ways to open up your eyes.
Applying a white eye liner to the waterline makes your actually eye balls look larger as you are expanding the area coloured white. 
Kim Kardashian is a fan of this eye popping tip!
Barry M Kohl - white is my favourite!

Highlight your tear ducts
By highlighting your tear ducts your eyes instantly appear further apart.
This is one of my favourite ways to make my eyes look larger. 
Just take your favourite highlighter, powder or liquid, and use your fingertip to apply the product right in the corner of the eye on the tear duct.


My favourite product for this is Vivo Baked Bronzer in Healthy Glow.


Curl your eyelashes

It makes sense!
Move your eyelashes out of the way!
No I'm not suggesting removing your eyelashes but by using an eyelash curler to lift them up wards you are uncovering your beautiful eyes!

Lower the bottom line.
Apply your eye liner or eye shadow slightly below the bottom lash line.
I mean by a minute amount!
I don't know about you but I don't fancy walking around town with eye liner on the top of my cheeks!
Don't go that low.
Literally less than a millimetre away from your water line apply your liner or shadow. This gives the illusion that your lower water line starts lower than it does, therefore wider looking eyes!  

Cat Eye liner
Retro looking feline eye liner from the middle of the lash line widens small eyes as it lifts the line of your eye higher. 
By drawing the line out the line of the eye is elongated.

So there you have some great tips to really widen your eyes and make them stand out!
Let me know any of your top tips or if you make use of any of these!

1 comment:

  1. Nice tip. I have white eyeliner but have never used it.

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so if you like what you see I will greatly appreciate your follow :). If you already follow I apologise.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...